PGA LINK PROGRAM.

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

PGA LINK PROGRAM.

Post by Diguelo »

As Dar and a few others are aware ive been working for some time off and on, on making a link program along the lines of Kali but not so twitchy. And of course it will be free as well.

Recently Ive had a few discussions with a tech or two at Novell who make an IPX/SPX driver system for online faxes etc. And the outcome is they have kindly let me have a copy of an old version of the software that was used back in the Windows 2000 days.

Im after a couple of testers with XP, Win7 or Win 8, Vista, Windows 2000 installed on a box. If anyones interested, stick a reply under this and I will be adjusting the code ive been given so that it is going to make ONE player the host PC with connections for up to 6 others to link to their PC and jump into the old lobby system that was in the original sierra server.

It will mean that changes may have to be made to a file or two in the game folder but these can be switched back and forth by my program.

If theres enough interest then I am prepared to go ahead with it.

Just stick in the reply what OS you have including MAC versions from OS 8.1 upwards.

Let me know how your playing online atm as well please and there may be something in there we can tweek up to get the old system working.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: PGA LINK PROGRAM.

Post by bryce »

I'm interested in playing online again. I have Windows 7 (Home Premium version).

Doron
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Wow this would be great. I have Windows 7 Home Premium as well. I can't play online anymore with Kali. My old XP computer stopped working about 6 months ago and I haven't taken the time to figure out what's wrong with it.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Also windows 7 home premium, and I'd be up for online again, west coast time here.
May the only balls you slice be your own
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

So, wait...Vista users could play online?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.