Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Re: Season Play Results

Post by sandwedge »

Judy,
Congratulations on your win at the Masters!

Steve,
Looks like you are fairing pretty well also!

Following the posts with interest :)
JaxDuffer
Chronic Slicer

Post by JaxDuffer »

I haven't posted in awhile for a reason, after my last win, I have missed 4 consecutive cuts. After 20 events, I have made 10 cuts and still rank in the top 10 in earnings. I just can't seem to catch a break. In my last tourney, I was 3 under heading into 16 and went double-bogey-double to end up +2 and in next to last place.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Hang in there Jax. I had a stretch of 3 weeks early where I made just $16K and another 4 week earning just $36K before this last stretch of good play. I expect to do pretty good at Harbour Town but this past month+ have been on courses I've played 50x at least. After that comes a 9 week stretch of courses I either have only played once or twice or have never done very well on. I've missed 5 cuts so far, none of them even close to the line.

Wedge, thanks.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Yeah even in cyper golf knowing a course like the back of your hand can give you a much better chance of shooting a good round.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Another week, another blown tourney! Rnd 1, Harbour Town, L/D/G. Birdied 1 and 3 and thought this was going to be a good week. THEN came the 4th hole, par 3, 165 with a pond left. Wind blowing at 25 from the right, I thought a cut shot into the wind would work well. Guess again, Indy. I clicked way too early, lost about 35 yards and splash. Then I had to drop in the weeds; splash again. Determined not to leave it short a 3rd time, I overhit the green and got behind a tree. Long story short, I ended up with a 9, then played a step forward and a step back for the rest of the round ending up +6 for the first 18. The second round cut was -3, conditions were L/D/B, and I couldn’t get close to making up the 9 strokes I needed to make the cut, finished up at +4 and T121(ie, dead last.)
Jason Bohn finished at -24 for his 3rd tour victory. For the first time in my tourneys, the 3rd round 1-2-3 golfers finished in the same order. The rest of the top 10:
2. Zach Johnson -22
3. JB Holmes -21
T4. Paul Casey, Brandon de Jonge -19
T6. Bryce Molder, Kevin Streelman, Justin Rose -18
T9. Webb Simpson, DJ Trahan -17

Out of curiosity, I compared my Top 10 money winners with the real ‘11 PGA stats:
2. Jason Bohn (my tour: $4.37M) PGA earnings: $161,644 (FedEx standing: 136)
3. Paul Casey ($4.26M) $357, 117 (FE: 91)
4. Retief Goosen ($3.03M) $274,135 (FE: 111)
5. Joe Durant ($2.89M) $88,842 (FE: 167)
6. Charles Howell III ($2.66M) $698,080 (FE: 48)
7. Charlie Wi ($2.37M) $143,805 (FE: 126)
8. Webb Simpson ($2.27M) $1,087,158 (FE: 24)
9. Ryuji Imada ($2.23M ) $218,485 (FE: 110)
10. Bryce Molder ($2.18M) $276,018 (FE: 112)

Pretty badly skewed.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Just played my Harbour Town tourny and shot 67 in the first round (tied for 11th), but followed it up with an 80 :/ In a twist of fate, Luke Donald won by 2 shots over Brandt Snedeker and Ricky Barnes! Close to the real results, but didn't matter to me since I missed the cut.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I Just finished up the BMW-PGA Championship. I made both cuts but I was 7 shots out of the lead starting the final round. The 1st round was the only round that I shot a good score (68). The greens were wet with calm winds and I could go flag hunting. Unfortunatly the course showed its teeth in the last 3 rounds as the greens firmed up and the winds were gusty or breezy. The 648 yard par 5 4th hole played into a 15 to 25 mph wind the last 3 rounds making it one of the hardest par 5's you'll find anywhere. Their were several other holes where the wind was a huge factor. Anyhow I shot 68,71,73,75 = (-1) for the tourney and a Tie for 73rd out of the 76 that made the cut. The winner was Henrik Stenson at -13.

As far as the current top 10 in points go Steve Striker finished in a tie for second which moved him into 2nd overall in points with 44. Bill Hass moved into 3rd overall with 43. Dustin Johnson moved to 4th place with 40. Charl Schwartzel tied for 7th and now has 30 points Ben Crane has moved into a tie for 10th with Lee Westwood with 22 points. Matt Kuchar still leads with 57 points but didn't play in this event.

Next THE MEMORIAL. I'll be playing on my brand new almost complete 2011 version of Muirfield Village. It should be ready for release in about a week. After it gets a good test.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Harbour Town isn't a terribly hard course, but you have to stay on the fairway and avoid the trees or find yourself dropping one stroke after another. A lot of subtle breaks on those greens, too, especially on D/VD.

Steve, what course did you use for your BMW-PGA tourney?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy! I used one of my original designs Hideaway Haven. You can tell its a design by someone who had'nt used the architect much. However it's layout is very good (IMO) the greens and fairways roll true and it can be tough. Their are plenty of demanding shots and a real good mix of birdie holes and try to avoid bogey holes. It's worthy of a redo to give it the touches of someone now with more experience.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Mmm, okay, lol. I've got several of that designers courses on my HD but not that one. I couldn't think of any courses I've played with a 648 yard p5. There is an older one with a 999 yarder (!!) but I can't remember the course name. Acme by ibjoey maybe?