Palm Harbor a JN6 Design

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Palm Harbor a JN6 Design

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard045.jpg
(454.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Started working on transparent overheads. Will post a couple when I'm satisfied. :)
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageHole #15 at Palm Harbor is a 551 yard par 5 which is reachable in two but not without consequences. Off the tee the fairway narrows around the landing area with two huge bunkers to the left and an intimidating pond to the right. There's a teaser fairway that juts out just over the pond but it's unreachable so be smart off the tee. Now the challenge on the second is a blind shot to reach the green that must clear a row of palms and split another huge bunker to the left and yet another pond on the right. You do have an optional lay up to the right with a short chip to the dance floor! Be wise as things are getting tougher at Palm Harbor! I'm giving you several peeks from the tee, the approach, the lay up and from the dance floor! You'll notice the transparent overheads for the first time. The holes and writing are solid but everything else is transparent to show of the scenery. I also added two extra views from previous holes to show a variety of the overheads. Let me know what you think. Thanks.Image
Attachments
Clipboard047.jpg
(424.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard046.jpg
(528.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard049.jpg
(544.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard048.jpg
(495.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard051.jpg
(491.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard050.jpg
(533.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ChuckH
Weekend Duffer

Post by ChuckH »

everything looks great. I love everything about this course so far. Textures, panorama, hole layouts look super. Looking forward to giving it a try. The overheads are unique and look really nice. I like ocean/tropical courses.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Those overheads look terrific Steve, and of course, something original from the Sundance stable. I always thought you were a nice bloke, but Hole 15 is starting to show a more sinister you! :laugh:

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ChuckH wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:17 pm everything looks great. I love everything about this course so far. Textures, panorama, hole layouts look super. Looking forward to giving it a try. The overheads are unique and look really nice. I like ocean/tropical courses.
Thanks Chuck and appreciate the feedback on the overheads!!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: June 20th, 2022, 7:03 pm Those overheads look terrific Steve, and of course, something original from the Sundance stable. I always thought you were a nice bloke, but Hole 15 is starting to show a more sinister you! :laugh:

Cheers

Brad
Thanks for the feedback Brad!! Hole #16 @ Palm Harbor is a 470 yard par 4 with a creek running the entire left side of the hole. Off the tee the landing area narrows and is also guarded on the right by a bunker. Most will have a long iron approach to an elevated green with two large bunkers on the right to keep you honest. A picturesque but challenging hole where par is very good! A trio of peeks from the tee, approach and green.Image
Attachments
Clipboard053.jpg
(439.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard052.jpg
(566.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Sundance on June 24th, 2022, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard054.jpg
(530.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet