Members and new members introduce yourself

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Members and new members introduce yourself

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Henny, I'm not sure when you disappeared. WON went dark in 2007, IIRC. The last year or so was pretty bleak as more and more people disappeared into TW or something different. Kali not being supported by the newer OS's doesn't help, and Kali is pretty complicated to install although it works well when it's in place. I've wished for 3 or 4 years now that we could find a server that would support 2K, even if we had to pay for it, but so far not so good.

Henny (billy) if you're interested in the season play, I have a file with about 150 of the '99 ladder people that I'd be happy to send to you. I'm sure there are a bunch of names you'd remember.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Welcome, Ola from Sweden
Stan
billy ventresca
Novice

Post by billy ventresca »

Brian, I downlaoded all your courses and played them often already. It has helped with this cabin fever of late! Last year we were playing on the 7th of March. I would like to say that the site is awesome! thanks for keeping it going!!! Let me say some things about the courses you designed. WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! They are all great! Tri City 2 is so realistic I felt like I was there except when I looked out the window of my living room there was still snow ion the ground! What a great rendition! Homestead is excellent as is Pagoda and Wisconsin River. Ridges is a MASTERPIECE! You need to go into the design business! Send those course files to all the major course designers in the country! You and all the other great course designers here on this forum (present and past) are true artists! Thanks for the patience and diligence in making these works of art. I am downloading about five new ones a week to play. I need to play one of Indy's soon... the screenshots are awesome. By the way... Mill Creek Golf Club... Beautiful! Keep up the great work! Maybe The Pines and The Lakes one day? See you and your dad on the real links soon! Until then... these courses by you and all the others are the next best thing!
billy ventresca
Novice

Indy, thanks! That file would be great! Can you send it to andreas_netz@yahoo.com? I need to get me some of your courses now! Will play them this week! See you on the course!
bogeygolf
Weekend Duffer

Post by bogeygolf »

Welcomw to the greatest golf sim ever!
And what makes it the greatest are the fantastic people you will meet anywhere!

Bogey
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Billy, I e-mailed the players folder just now. Just unzip it and drop it into your Sierra/PGA/Players folder and it should show up in your players list as "Case's Gang." Pick and choose players or just move the whole file into your game. I give absolutely NO guarantee as to the accuracy of any players' stats!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

billy ventresca wrote:Brian, I downlaoded all your courses and played them often already. It has helped with this cabin fever of late! Last year we were playing on the 7th of March. I would like to say that the site is awesome! thanks for keeping it going!!! Let me say some things about the courses you designed. WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! They are all great! Tri City 2 is so realistic I felt like I was there except when I looked out the window of my living room there was still snow ion the ground! What a great rendition! Homestead is excellent as is Pagoda and Wisconsin River. Ridges is a MASTERPIECE! You need to go into the design business! Send those course files to all the major course designers in the country! You and all the other great course designers here on this forum (present and past) are true artists! Thanks for the patience and diligence in making these works of art. I am downloading about five new ones a week to play. I need to play one of Indy's soon... the screenshots are awesome. By the way... Mill Creek Golf Club... Beautiful! Keep up the great work! Maybe The Pines and The Lakes one day? See you and your dad on the real links soon! Until then... these courses by you and all the others are the next best thing!
Thanks, happy you like the courses. I can't take too much credit for Mill Creek, I just created the plot and the 14th hole. Credit to everyone else here who participated for the design of the rest of the holes.

Yeah the weather really sucks this year. Can't wait to get out there and play.
billy ventresca
Novice

Indy, again, thanks for the file! I definitely saw many familiar names from a long time ago! I played myself (Hennie Bogan back in the day) and lost. Bali Shandra is out of this world! What a work of art! Wow!!! Thanks for designing that awesome course! I felt like I was in Thailand or Malaysia and it was hot and humid! I was doing fine until my 11 on hole 11! My highest score on a real hole in life was 12 ( I know right?). Glen Haven by Adam Brandt is awesome to play too! Off to download some more! Here comes the Masters!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Thank you Billy. I regret that I didn't keep a record or playing list of the many friends I made on 2K, but without a ladder and with other things going on in my life... well, you know how it is.

Thanks for the kind words on Bali Shandra. It's modeled on Bali Handrah, a real Malaysian course, at least as far as the scenery and a couple of the holes go. I've got another course in mind that I'll probably start working on soon, but I'm waiting to decide on the name (which will hopefully be Butler National Championship Golf Club, lol.)
BKFIN
Range Rookie

Post by BKFIN »

Hello Peeps. BKFIN here. I used to play a ton of PGA 2000 back in the day when it was an easy thing to do when Copy Right Club was around. I recognize lots of people here and hope everyone is doing well. I just came to this site so I will have to check it all out and find out what's going on. Is Kali still the only place to play?