Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Season Play Results

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy! Yeah I was a newby and not very good yet when they had all those tournys at the Copyright Club. I would see their scores posted like you said -40 , -50 or even -60 and shake my head in wonder " HOW DO THEY GO THAT LOW " " I CAN'T COMPETE SO I'M NOT ENTERING" I still really can't compete after all these years. My best 4 rounds EVER in a tourny is -35. Its pretty rare when I shoot -20. Heck lately its been hard just making the cut.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I don't think I've ever come close to -35; -8 or -9 is a real good score for me especially when it's windy; on a good day I'll pit my putter against anybody but long irons and woods have always been my nemesis. With that little bit of tweaking on avg scores and putting my AI guys have been playing a lot better also, unless they have the bad luck of being paired with me. I've had just 2 fellow competitors shoot better than -2 in 20 rounds now. 'Course it's kinda nice to be in first or second in the final round and paired with your closest opponent. :bg:
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I enjoy this season play mode! Even though I stink (my scoring avg is 70.8, 121 out of 122) I feel like a real PGA Tour rookie! Fighting for a paycheck each week is tough work indeed.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I suppose it's rather stupid to compare playing a computer game to playing the real tour, but SP does kind of help you understand the frustration of trying to put together 4 good rounds of golf while watching the scoreboard. I had a great chance at Pebble to tie or win, was only 1 back after 63 holes on l/d/b. Then I bogied 11 (my only 3-putt all week), birdied 12, bogyed 13 then could only par out (with 2 p5s.. that stinks.) Just stoopid operator errors trying to be too aggressive. At Pebble you DON'T get above the hole on dry, and at the end I was overhitting everything. So in a way it's easy (in a mild way!) to feel some of the frustation of those who finish just 1 or 2 strokes behind the leader. It's pretty frustrating in the first two rounds when you're all over the place too! :nod:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

#7, Northern Trust Open at Riveria (sic) CC, a runaway 3 stroke win for Paul Casey, his first win of the season (he made it too the tee in plenty of time here, lol.) I messed up pretty bad in the first round (+3) and got back down in -1 in round two with l/d/g, but the cut was -3 so I spent the rest of the weekend preparing for next weeks matchplay event. The top 10:
1. Paul Casey -20
2. Chris Couch -17
3. Ryuji Imada -16
T4. JP Hayes, Matt Kuchar -15
T6. Boo Weekley, JB Holmes -14
T8. Bryce Molder, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson, Greg Chalmers -8

So now the WGT Match Play Championship, which I'll play at various course selected at random (a good chance to look at some of our new courses, some favorite oldies, and some I can't recall but are on my hard drive.) I selected the players by their current earning except for 3 of the final 8, where players had better stats than those ranked above them. My top 10:
1. Paul Casey; 2. me; 3. Ryuji Imada; 4. Jason Bohn; 5. Bryce Molder; 6. Steve Stricker; 7. Hunter Mahan; 8. Brandon de Jonge; 9. Matt Kuchar; 10. Chris Couch. My first opponent will be #63 Brian Gay at Breezy Gap. I'm using 4 flights and 64 positions instead of 1-16 seeds within each flight. Easier to keep track of actually position that way. First round winners earn $30,000 (losers get $12,000; 33-64 seeds will get to play Mayakoba.) Amounts will accumulate with each victory; losers get previous earnings plus consolation but after the first round they're through for the week. A second round loser nets $51K which is the usual amount paid to a 20-21 place finisher in a normal tourney, so that ain't bad. Top prize is $1,206,000.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

The Trophee Hassan has concluded with me making the cut but shoooting +3 in the final round and finishing way back in the bottom part of the field at -5. I was tied for 25th at -8 thru 3 rounds but I was way behind the leaders. If I had shot a good 3rd round I might have finished in the top ten. I loved both courses that I choose to play for the first time in a tourny Bayview Hills Resort & Crook O' Lune. If theirs anyone who hasn't played these two go download them both. I did like Bayview Hills a little more of the two but both are sweet in their own way. The winner of the Trophee Hassan was Robert Allenby at -21

As I said before I'm ahead of schedule so far for this season and its time already for the first Major and what many fill is the best THE MASTERS. I've never won this event. Heck I can't even think of what my best score or finish was but it isn't very good. I've missed more cuts then I've made at Augusta so its about time I shoot well there.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I went out in the second round; played my own Wabash Valley vs DJ Trahan... that sucker couldn't miss a 30' putt and I couldn't make one (a/w/g.) I hate wet conditions but I let the computer decide. I went down 6&5... bad, bad, bad. My #1 is also gone. Actually all of my top 10 except for 2 are gone. So now I'm down to 16 and am quitting for the rest of the day. :mad:
JaxDuffer
Chronic Slicer

Post by JaxDuffer »

I made my first cut! At the TPC Scottsdale course. I finished dead last and missed the cut 3 out of my first 4 tourneys. Then I opened with a 10 under at Scottsdale...of course I ended up 28th with an overall score of -11 as the conditions worsened. But, hey, I made some money! These 2011 pros are just so unrealistically good. Like only 4 guys shooting over par rounds. Very unrealistic. I think there needs to be an overall 'slider' that adjusts everyone downward at one time. If that does exist, someone please tell me! :laugh:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Jax, you can edit player stats if you wish. When I created the list I dropped scoring avg. by 2 points and putting accuracy by 0.2%. I do find the same thing with my players (only a handful over par) but I'm more fighting with the -8 or -9 leaders in the first round when I'm shooting -3 or -4 lol. Be aware that editing AI players will cause them to lose their current stats, but as you're only 4 or so tournaments into the season, that's not so bad.

Assuming you're using my 2011 Tour season, you can also edit courses and conditions more to your liking and/or level of play. (You can also edit the number of players making the cut as you wish.) Make sure that you make your edits BEFORE you start the event; once you've started you can't open that particular one to make any changes. Also be careful that the course listed for the first event doesn't change to whatever course is on the top of your own course list. After you make the changes, check it again to make sure you've got the correct courses, then save it and you're ready to go.

If you have any questions about editing players or courses just ask. :)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

A Brandt wrote:I enjoy this season play mode! Even though I stink (my scoring avg is 70.8, 121 out of 122) I feel like a real PGA Tour rookie! Fighting for a paycheck each week is tough work indeed.
I'm right there with you Adam! I'm 114 in driving distance, but #1 in putting. Shot my season low 64 in 2nd round of the Pebble Beach to make the cut by 1 shot. I'm #99 on money list, and I very much enjoy the struggle to keep my card!