Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Season Play Results

Post by SteveHorn »

I forgot to mention something weird that happened at The Nordea Masters besides that head scratching triple on #8. Has anyone ever had your AI players shoot 9 strokes different then the other. In round #1 I played with Charles Howell III who shot a +3 and also Scott Strange who shot -6.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Yeh Steve, I see this quite a bit. I don't play threesomes too often, but I did for all 4 rounds of the Open. In each round one golfer would shoot horribly while the other shot... well, fairly well; no -6 but two of them shot under par while the other AI shot anywhere from +6 to +10. I get really frustrated at the horrible putting and the number of 3-6 footers missed by these guys while they drop in 50 footers like a tap-in.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Event #25, the Travelers Championship is now in the books, and another tour win (#7) for me. I have to agree with anyone who said this course is pretty easy (the real one) if the rendition by Smak2000 is anywhere close to accurate. Even with high winds and dry greens, it was a pretty easy course. I ended up shooting -27 and a 7 stroke victory margin. The rest of the top 10:
T2. Charles Howell III, Spencer Levin, Stewart Cink -20
5. Heath Slocum -19
T6. Jonathon Byrd, Ryuji Imada, Chris Riley -18
9. John Rollins -17
T10. Bo Van Pelt, D. A. Points, Kevin Na, Lucas Glover, Charley Hoffman, Mark Wilson, Dean Wilson -16.

Kind of like the US Open, the fight for second was interesting was watch unfold. At the turn into the last 9, there were 6 golfers in a tie with between 6 and 8 to play (I was in the last group of twosomes); without Rory the real USO would have been pretty exciting to watch.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Finally got caught up on this thread. Steve it looks like your race has a chance to go down to the wire. Judy what are you planning to do with 9 million cyber dollars? Invest it in a new design maybe? Reading with interest :)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Dave, I thought maybe I'd use the money to pay Dale to design the Olympic Club for next years US Open. My hubby and I tried to do it several years ago but just couldn't get it right. It's not an overly long course but basically it plays up and down the side of a mountain, and according to my Atlas of World Courses, it's greatest challenges are the overgrown trees and the moist conditions that make shots play shorter than usual.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I've played 2 tourneys since my last post. The Irish Open at Crooked Run was won by Steve Stricker at -16 in a playoff against Matt Kuchar. Both players are in the top 5 in points. There was what I believe a record amount of players tied for third (10) at -14. Notables - Marc Lieshman, Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Charl Schwartzel and Ben Crane all in my top 25. I missed the cut. Shot +2 (BOO)

Also played The Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone. No cut for this tourny and only 94 total in the field. I finished DEAD LAST. I would have finished a little better but in the 4th round I hit 2 in the water at #16 and carded a (9) :( .Didn't care the last 2 holes and got doubles on both so I shot a whoping +8 the final 3 holes of the tourney. Thats 3 tourneys in a row with 1 hole scoring a triple bogey or worst (WTF). I hardly ever get a triple let alone 3 straight tourneys :/
The winner was Gary Woodland at (-13) his 2nd of the season. Dustin Johnson remains RED HOT finished 2nd and now has a huge lead in the points race. The ever improving Sergio Garcia finished 3rd. Notables in the top 10 - Ben Craine,
Alvaro Quiros, Charlie Wi, Hunter Mahan and David Toms.

Next The PGA CHAMPIONSHIP at The Platinum course at Stoney Hills C.C. The whole field will be in this tourney ,no random draw of players to get to 150 or so same as The Players Championship.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I hadn't felt good for about 2 weeks; Monday night I went to the ER and was admitted, and on Tuesday morning had laproscopic surgery for an ovarian cyst. Came home Thursday, so I was a week behind on season play. I sat out the ATT National (no, I wasn't with Tiger!) So... Jason Bohn won his 3rd tourney of the year shooting -22 at Forest Highlands Canyon Course v2. FHCC is a really nice course by PingKing which is one of my "free choices" since we don't have Aronominc. The rest of the top 10:
2. Paul Casey -21 (winner determined on the last hole with a bogey-par finish)
T3. Bubba Watson, David Toms -19
T5. Kevin Na, Charlie Wi -18
T7. Brandon de Jonge, Retief Goosen, Joe Durant, Pat Perez -17

All except Wi and Toms were already in the top 10, so other than Watson and Durant changing spots at #4 and #5, the money list is unchanged. Casey still holds 2cd place by $1.7M over Bohn.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Judy! Hope your feeling better and get back in the SWING of things
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Judy,

Take care of yourself and rest as much as you can. :up:
Stan
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Thanks guys! I'm off the vicoden and tylenol is taking care of my discomfort just fine now. Finished the first two rounds of the John Deere at Carolindi today; I was pretty rusty on the first round but got things moving pretty good with a -8 in the second round, good enough for a T4. Facing L/VD/G for the 3rd round which will be wicked. I do love playing Carolindi. As my dad would have said about a well-cooked meal, I think I put a pretty good scow on that course.