Ready, Set, Go

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Ready, Set, Go

Post by sandwedge »

Just wondering if anyone out there uses the Ready Play feature. I thought it was a quirky thing when we got the game but lately have seen the advantage to speed up play when playing against some of the AI players. I still don't like it much - more of a traditionalist I guess, bit of a plodder too :) Any thoughts?
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Ready, Set, Go

Post by tincup »

We use it all the time.

In a two-player game it doesn't make all that much difference, but if you have a 4-5 player game, it makes a huge difference in the time it takes to play a game.

Dar
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

I dont like it at all. It allows you to play out of turn which of course you cant do with the real game. I think it takes away some of the realism for the game. I agree it speeds up the game but why the hurry ? Spencer.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I prefer to see everyone's shots. Otherwise you might as well just play on your own and check a leaderboard to see who won. I think part of the problem is some people take a long time to set up their shots. I know sometimes when I played in a ready play game I'd finish a hole and be waiting 3-4 min. on everyone else.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

I don't use it or like it.
But I play it if someone sets up a game with it.
Stan
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Back in the day of Case's Ladder (and other ladder groups) we did use it, but then some of us were playing 5+ games a day online (9 holers); it was a necessary inconvenience, I guess. Then you'd get players who'd take forever to make their shot.

My group never uses it. We figure that if you don't have time to enjoy the company of your fellow competitors/playing partners and need to race through a game, then why are you playing it?
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I'm not a big fan of it, mostly because I've had a player standing in my line, literally! I was chipping and he was standing there right inbetween me and the flag. Spencer and Brian make good points too, about playing out of turn and seeing all of the shots. Even in season mode I play 2somes in the tournys and still watch my playing partners shots.
poppy
Novice

Post by poppy »

i totally agree with indy, brianz, spencer, stan and whoever hates ready play.....to me (my opinion) ready play is nothing but speed golf....like brian said you might as well play alone....i have played ready play before but cancel it out after i shoot from the tee....very easy to do, just click the ZERO key....bingo, no more ready play for me....others can play it but i sure dont....so to sum it up in a nutshell, i hate ready play worse than God hates sin....first one in the hole WINS.... :laugh: :laugh:
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

I also like to see other player's shots, especially on approach shots and around the green. There is a reasonable compromise between pure ready-play and no ready-play.

As we approach the green, I attach my swing camera to furtherest away. That effectively nullifies ready-play for me for the rest of that hole. Then, I get to see everyone's chips and putts in turn.

So, you really do have an option to not use ready-play yourself, even in a ready-play game.

Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I'll tell you one thing that's fun in a 4 or 5 player Redi-Play game though. In game either press your "T" key or at the top click on Action-> Show ball tracer. Make sure you tee off first, then sit back and watch the fireworks. :bg: