Wit & Wisdom of Golf

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Wit & Wisdom of Golf

Post by tincup »

If you managed to keep your head steady, it's probably because you locked your knees, lifted your shoulder, loosened your grip, and let your elbow fly
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I got this in an email and thought it would fit perfectly here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoAmVKICkoU
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

The only thing you can learn from your mistakes is to stop paying the pro a hundred and fifty bucks to point them out to you
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Two long time golf enthusiasts were discussing their scores over a beer in the clubhouse.

"I can't understand it", one said disgustingly. "I've been playing this darn game for fifteen years now and I get worse and worse every year. Do you know last year I played worse than the year before, and the year before that, the same thing"

"That's depressing" commiserated the other, "How are you doing this year?"

"Put it this way", said the first unhappily, "I'm already playing next years game!"
Stan
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Golf Dictionary - What golf terms really mean

A Game - The very best golf you can play. A phenomenon seldom experienced by normal golfers, the A game is what Greg Norman used to bring to the golf course every day— except Sunday, and Tiger Woods does bring every day.
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

There is no movement in the golf swing so difficult that it cannot be made even more difficult by careful study and diligent practice
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Golf Dictionary

Ace - A hole in one. Like an ace in a deck of cards, though not quite so common. Completion of a hole in a single stroke. The odds against this happening are about 45,000 to 1-somewhat worse than the odds of finding a brand-new ball lost in the rough (27,000 to 1) but considerably better than the odds of hitting a perfect drive off a crowded first tee (1,195,000 to 1).
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Rule exceptions for seniors

Ball Hiding from Player

If a player cannot find a ball that has been hit in plain sight into a reasonably playable area of the course where there is an accumulation of dead leaves, seasonal debris, grass clippings, or other forms of incidental camouflage in which a furtive ball could improperly conceal itself, the ball shall be deemed to be hiding, but not lost, and another ball may be dropped without penalty as close as possible to the place where the original ball is believed to be lurking.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Golf Dictionary

Addressing the Ball - 1. Assuming the correct stance and placing the head of the club on the ground behind the ball prior to hitting it. 2. Directing statements to the ball before it is hit or while it is in flight, such as: "If you go into that trap, I'll never wash you again" or "In a way, I hope you miss that cup-I've always wondered what's inside a golf ball."
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Never try to keep more than thirty separate thoughts in your mind during your swing