orange bowl

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

orange bowl

Post by spencerturner »

Just wanted to brag for a moment about the record breaking performance of my West Virginia University Mountaineers against the Clemson Tigers in the Orange Bowl. The score in case anyone in the country mssed it was 70 to 33. One of the annuncers kidingly asked where is West Virginia? The other announcer replyed, " Take a look in the end zone, you"ll find them there." Spencer.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: orange bowl

Post by tincup »

As I was watching that game, I thought "Man, Spence must be going nuts!"

Congrats on the win,
Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Spencer,
I live in NC, in the middle of ACC country, but I work with alot of people from West Virginia. They came to work the last couple of days with the biggest smiles. None of them went around talking trash. They just proudly wore their WVU gear. Very humble champions.

WVU's offense is a perfect fit for the Big 12. I'm interested to see them play there next year.

Doron
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

West Virginia did look good didn't they?! I agree that the Big 12 will be interesting next year - especially after all that happened concerning it this year. As a basketball fan, I kinda don't like how football dictates what school plays in what conference - not liking the way my Big East is headed - West Virginia was a nice part of it for a little while there.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Thanks so very much for your comments fellas. Makes me really proud. Spencer.
nbaldwin
Novice

Post by nbaldwin »

spencerturner wrote:Just wanted to brag for a moment about the record breaking performance of my West Virginia University Mountaineers against the Clemson Tigers in the Orange Bowl. The score in case anyone in the country mssed it was 70 to 33. One of the annuncers kidingly asked where is West Virginia? The other announcer replyed, " Take a look in the end zone, you"ll find them there." Spencer.
You know, as a man that went to Clemson, all I can do is say hats off to ya. Oh, and maybe you helped us get rid of our DC!!! LOL
I will say this, you totaly kicked our butts but it was almost a game of inches. We tackle your guy in the 1st and he bounces off our guy, never touching the ground, and runs for 17 yards. We're going into score and our rb lands on a pile of bodies instead of the ground so when your defender rips the ball out, he wasn't down and you return it 99 yards. This is not to mention how many replays they did of your players to see if they were out of bounds before they scored( all of wich they got correct by the way). Just a wierd game for us but congrats!
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Thank you nbaldwin for your grascious comments. That's a classy thing to do. Spencer.
poppy
Novice

Post by poppy »

while we are on the subject of WINNING FOOTBALL, let me just add my congrats to the W. VA ball club and then let me blow my horn on the TIDE of ALABAMA for winning the entire championship in a 21 to zip score.....ROLL TIDE.....what an awesome defense they put up not even allowing the LSU tigers getting past the 50 yard line until about 10 minutes remained in the game...... :D :bg:
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

congratulations Popply, amazing defensive statistics .Spencer.