Dar`s abence

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
scotty66
Weekend Duffer

Re: Dar`s abence

Post by scotty66 »

Glad to see you back, Dar. I have an idea the pain you go through. My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and takes Tylenol Arthritis strength to ease the pain.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Dar's back
:bg: :bg: :bg:

You've got to take care.
Stan
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Great t o have you back Dar. you had us worried for awhile. Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

DAR! Great to hear your on your way to a full recovery. This should be a good lesson for all that just because its an (OTC) medication it can still be dangerous. I'm only guessing but I bet you've been increasing the dosage over a period of time because you needed more for it to work to relieve your pain.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

SteveHorn wrote:DAR! Great to hear your on your way to a full recovery. This should be a good lesson for all that just because its an (OTC) medication it can still be dangerous. I'm only guessing but I bet you've been increasing the dosage over a period of time because you needed more for it to work to relieve your pain.
A very good assessment Steve. About 5 years ago, I had a falling out with my rheumatoligist and quit seeing him. So, I also lost my prescriptions (which weren't doing all that much good anyway). So, I started taking Ibuprophen as a way to get some relief from the arthritis pain and discomfort. It worked for a while, but then I had to increase the dosage to get the same effect... then again... then again. First thing I know, I am taking way too much of the stuff.

Eventually, your body will rebel against that kind of abuse... mine did. My advice, be very careful with OTC drugs. They can be dangerous.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Glad to have you back Dar!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Naprosyn (naproxen sodium), aspirin and ibuprofen based NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications) can eat your stomach up if taken on an empty stomach. Tylenol can destroy your liver.

One thing you can do is take these meds in rotation since different parts of the liver are involved in metabolizing them. But you still have to be careful not to take more than the prescribed dosages.

Gosh, I never would have thought Dar was a druggie... :shrug: