Happy Hollow Golf Complex

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Re: Happy Hollow Golf Complex

Post by BradTheDad »

Rest assured Steve, that your courses will get plenty of air-play on the Old Timers Tour in 2024. We like to honour our best designers and enjoy the challenge of their magnificent courses.

I just wish we had more players.

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Happy Hollow Golf Complex in conjunction with Sundance Designs have finally worked out the land rights and officially started to work on Hollow Trails. Hole #1 is almost complete. It's a 475 yard par 4 and like most holes on this course you will find few if any flat surface so be prepared to utilize all your golfing skills to overcome the sloping fairways that will await you. You will be faced with a term I most recently heard, 'Circus Shots' , on almost every hole. Here are several preview shots of hole #1.
Views from the tee, approach looking back and towards the green and the green itself.ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
(510.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard02.jpg
(356.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard03.jpg
(320.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard04.jpg
(347.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Looks fantastic Steve. You have done an amazing job in matching your textures and plantings with those of the background.

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: December 6th, 2023, 5:42 pm Looks fantastic Steve. You have done an amazing job in matching your textures and plantings with those of the background.

Cheers

Brad
Thanks Brad!! It's a fun background to work with.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageHole #2 @ Hollow Trails is a 450 yard par 4 that challenges you to find the fairway off the tee. Most will aim for the sliver of fairway to the left but some will challenge the waste area bunkers to shorten their approach. The green sits behind a massive bunker and the carry makes it hard to stick the narrow dance floor. You'll find the biggest challenge at Hollow Trails to be finding the green but once there most putts will be more than fair!

Views from the tee, approach and green.Image
Attachments
Clipboard05.jpg
(439.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard06.jpg
(340.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard07.jpg
(367.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageAt approximately 200 yards from the tee the par 3 3rd hole @ Hollow Trails can be a very tough par in windy conditions. With a huge bunker left and water to the right there is little room for error so take in a deep breath, relax and enjoy the view!
View from tee and green.

Someone just recently asked me why I still design courses for JN6 with such a small following on an older game. When I first started designing I always had this vision on all the courses I created but just didn't have the ability to complete the picture I had in my thoughts. It has taken me a long time to develop the skill set needed to be able to follow through on my ideas when I start a design and though I still come up short the simple and honest answer is,"Now I can". For me it's not the number of people that see my work but the pure pleasure of making something out of a blank green space into something viable that perhaps is entertaining to others. So I still create JN6 courses because now I can!Image
Attachments
Clipboard08.jpg
(396.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard09.jpg
(358.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

i think that the green is too small for a 200 yards aproach shot
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Actually Juan it's perhaps the easiest hole on the course and the green is larger than it looks.