'Alainn Tr'aigh Links

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links

Post by tarheel »

This course is going to be Boss!
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

The "biarritz" 17th hole is nearing completion (just need to play test each of the pin positions a few more times). Below are some screenshots (in the middle screenshot you can see Goran's 18th hole in the background).

mikey2020
Weekend Duffer

Post by mikey2020 »

How are some able to embed the screenshots into the post while I'm only able to do links to the images. Am I doing something wrong??
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

The screenshots have to be on internet, and not on your harddrive Mikey. You can get a free account at postimages, and upload them to their site. Use the link privided from them, and click on image icon and not attachment icon, and insert the link.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Great Jeff, love it and am honoured to have your biarritz hole in my finishing hole window LOL

Will you send the new 18th hole window to Steve, and set new pin positions for me? I trust you more than myself, please feel free to edit the green if it is not good enough for 5 pins :)
I didnt even make any greensite bunkers, if you think there should be some please go for it and have fun.
I had a philosophy of a punchbowl greensite while making it which I am not sure worked out, so if you can assist I would be grateful.

btw you can do whatever you like with the hole window, I did not know it would be a shared designing window and did some fake stuff like large gorse away from my hole playing area etc
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Goran wrote: January 4th, 2023, 1:54 pm Great Jeff, love it and am honoured to have your biarritz hole in my finishing hole window LOL

Will you send the new 18th hole window to Steve, and set new pin positions for me? I trust you more than myself, please feel free to edit the green if it is not good enough for 5 pins :)
I didnt even make any greensite bunkers, if you think there should be some please go for it and have fun.
I had a philosophy of a punchbowl greensite while making it which I am not sure worked out, so if you can assist I would be grateful.

btw you can do whatever you like with the hole window, I did not know it would be a shared designing window and did some fake stuff like large gorse away from my hole playing area etc
Hey Goran. I wound-up copying your hole into a new window and working from there. So, your original hole is intact and untouched and mine is in a different window. So, when I send the folder to Steve, it will have both holes (I hope that's OK Steve?) I'm happy to take a look at the green-site and suggest and implement some changes. Up to you.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

I thought you did so Jeff, but I would really like my 18th to have your 17th in it.
Either send Steve yours and mine two holes with the new pins that you set for me, or send me your hole and I will replace mine to Steve including your biarritz.
It would be a shame losing the connection between our final holes.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Mikey, if you want to have your screenies show up in your post, after you have attached the .jpeg file of your image, click on the Insert Image icon that is above your new post (third left of the Normal drop down box). This will place two almost identical entries in your post (img)(/img). Now all you have to do is click and drag the link to your .jpeg image and place it between the two central brackets in the entry you just created.

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Great looking hole Jeff. Can't wait to have a few putts on that roller-coaster.

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Sundance wrote: January 1st, 2023, 1:50 pm Update: Finished with my hole #15, par 4.

Folders received: Charlie, Rick, Mikey, Bill, Galen, John, Brad Goran and Steve. 9 of 14 designers.

Holes: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18. 13 of 18 holes.